SIBC

Headlines

  • The coastguard in Shetland has dealt with three incidents, two medical evacuations and concern by a member of the public over a vessel that looked like a sailing ship close to rocks.

  • A move is being made to enshrine in law the right of all over 60s to a free bus pass. A bus pass is particularly helpful in Shetland, not only to the 71 percent of the eligible population that live in rural areas, but to the remaining 29 percent that live in Lerwick where there is a town bus service.

  • The police, the ambulance service and the fire and rescue service from Lerwick and from Scalloway attended a single vehicle road accident at the Windy Grind.

  • The Shetland Islands Council’s environmental health has received notification from the Scottish Environmen Protection Agency that there is blue-green algae in the Loch of Griesta in Tingwall.

  • The new Anderson High School was one of 45 major infrastructure projects in Scotland that were delayed or were over budget, with the high school delayed.

SIBC live

SIBC app

Available free

Available on the App Store. Available on Google Play.

SIBC on the radio

SIBC 96.2 FM RDS